January 28, 2012

refelections

1/22/12 Grappling Tournament The past couple of days have been fun. I'm finally getting into the swing of school but that also means the work load has increased. I also got to experience a few new things. This past Sunday I went to a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu grappling tournament. It was the coolest thing I've seen in a while. A bunch of boys and some girls trying to make the other tap out. No punches, no kicks just force I guess. I'm still not entirely sure what grappling is. It looks like wrestling but it's not fake or cheesy. I was there to cheer on Steven McGiggles (yes as far as I'm concerned McGiggles is his real last name) and he grappled ass. He won first place in the GI part and he took home the bronze that was later confiscated by me for the non GI part. It was a nice experience I've never been to any type of fighting event live. I'm too squeamish when it comes to fighting and blood. I have an admiration and respect for fighters. Something that I could never do. Also this week I've been thinking about stuff I would like to do this summer. On my list is taking some form of martial arts. I would like to have some type of fighting knowledge living in the city and as much as I travel it's a necessity. Also since I am taking summer classes German and Italian are on my list of languages I want to learn. SO far I've taken years or Spanish and French. I want to learn at least 5 languages in my life and why not use this summer to learn a new language or two. The last thing I want to do is continue learning how to sew and knit. The amount of time I travel on the bus and on the train not doing anything but listening to music can be time to knit a nice sweater or something. It's a lot to do in the world and it's no point in having all the time and opportunity available to you an
d not using it.

No comments: