January 18, 2012

Bar meets cloud

I met him randomly. I was drunk he was high not together. I went out one Saturday night with my best friend.....well we only went to the bar near my house. We got our usual 2 long islands and random shots of grey goose and coconut ciroc whenever we wanted them. It's like 12am and I'm grabbed by the hand and dragged outside by my friend. I'm confused, I'm drunk and this was like 6 months ago. I think the conversation went something like this. Her: "Yea Jasmine? We're coming up right now we just left the bar we're not too far away." Me: "Wait! Are we really going up there? Like Right now I can't travel like this." I'm obviously drunk and I don't like to travel far under the influence. We make it on the bus and to the stop where we have to get off. We start walking it's dark but we're walking and talking. We're loud obviously and this car pulls up beside us and this guy is saying all the lame creeper lines. "Hey baby, you need a ride?" "You got fries with that shake?" and all these other creeper lines so I pulled out my mase and sprayed his ass. To this day I do not know if the mase bottle was really empty or if I was that drunk but my friend takes the mase bottle and tries to spray him as well. She hands me the bottle back and I was so mad and frustrated that I just through the bottle in his open window. I was aiming for his face but my drunk aim is not that good...anyways he speeds off and we continue our walk Jasmine is a girl I have never met before. We've tweeted but until that day in August we had never seen each other. I spot her immediately from across the street at 5th and Olney. I was tired off walking and since it was 1:30am and she was the only person..well there were two boys with her but I didn't really see them from afar. Me:"What does Jasmine look like? I think that's her right there. My friend" Uhh her hair is curly" Jasmine"HEyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!' We run across the street. Jasmine and my friend hug and I'm left there standing and watching looking at them awkwardly until I look up into a pair of olive green eyes and a wild mane of blonde-brown hair. That I would soon learn later was Carl who that night kind of captured my interest. Carl and I would go almost two months without seeing each other but now Carl and I are a we. A power couple and we met on a random Saturday night. I was drunk and he was high. I was drunk and then I got high. I went to a bar and then I met Carl. He asked me my name and for a hug. Since it was my first night meeting him when he asked for the hug I gave him a face which stated loud and clearly "NO!" I also told my name was Rose which was just a lie for fun. I meant to tell him my real name but I forgot and I didn't think it was important. So for about an hour he just didn't say anything to me and I didn't care because to me he was a pretty stranger. I was just listening to the chatter around me. Observing and taking mental notes, trying to decide if I wanted to speak or if silence was the best answers I could give at them moment. Carl and I sat on the two seat sofa, at time I referred to him as "My Couch Buddy" and as time went on he warmed up to me. We eventually started talking which lead to flirting and well I think I fell asleep around 5. That was in August when Carl and I met we wouldn't see each other again until October. There's still things about that night I think back on and laugh about. It was random and it was fun but it was also the night I met someone who became extremely important in my life. No matter how we met I'm glad we did. We could've been doing crack in an alley way or meth in Idaho. It doesn't matter we met at 5th and Olney at 2am all because my friend wanted to see one of her friends from middle school. Life sure is funny that way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw baby <3. Your writing is spectacular, your attention to detail is impeccable, and your beauty is second to none in my eyes. Continue your progress to becoming the great writer that I know you can be. Love, the boy with the olive green eyes and crazy hair

Unknown said...

Thanx Carl <3