June 14, 2012

My Grammar Rant

I may not be the spelling bee champ or the an English professor but it seriously seems like it compared to a lot of people. There seems to be a lack of grammar skills among the youth and it's getting out of hand. I need the teachers to sit down and explain to some of you that "You a" is not correct it should read "You're* A." The fact that a lot of you are parents and you don't know that to and too aren't interchangeable is atrocious. You can't be on twitter calling someone all kinds of ugly but you don't know basic grammar. Another thing that grinds my gears is that there are people older than I a that do not know how to properly use they're, their, or there. It is the saddest thing in America we are failing our children by not educating them. A lot of them think school isn't important and that internet celebrity will bring the success and for that I have to blame the Illuminati because it's all a conspiracy.

1 comment:

GenePoz said...

I can relate. I've had arguments with college English graduates who insist that "from John and I" is correct. The real problem is increasing monopolization of TV & press by fewer & fewer firms who reduce costs by firing editors. TV, not teachers or parents, are the biggest influence on language now. Republicans are cutting school budgets too.